- BC acknowledges that buying art on-line can be a daunting prospect. BC is committed to ensuring the satisfaction of its art collecting clients and that’s why BC offers its clients who purchase artworks on-line through BC the possibility of returning certain artwork. This returns policy is subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
- You have a cooling-off period of 7 days after the date on which you have received the Works from BC to:
2.1 cancel the contractual agreement regarding the sale of the Work you have purchased through the Website in writing to BC as follows:
2.1.1 by sending an an email to email@example.com;
2.1.2 stating your reason for returning the Work; and
2.1.3 stating your prefered collection date, time and address where the Work can be collected between the hours of 9am and 4pm; and
2.1.4 providing a contact telephone number where you or someone at your premises can be contacted regarding the return of the Work; and
2.1.5 ensuring that the Work will be ready for collection in its original packaging or equivalent packaging.
- The right to cancel the contract as specified in 2. above will not apply in respect of the following:
3.1 Work that has been damaged after leaving the premises of BC, in which case the Work will be returned to you at your expense (see clause 10 of BC’s Terms and Conditions);
3.2 personalised Works or Works made to your specification (commissioned artwork);
3.3 unframed Works on paper; and/or
3.4 Works that have been delivered to you (or has otherwise travelled) outside of the Republic of South Africa.
- Provided that the requirements in 3. above have been met and provided that BC received the purchase price for the Works, BC will:
4.1 arrange for the collection of the Artwork as specified in 2.1.3 above at BC’s cost; and
4.2 refund you the purchase price of the Work (this excludes costs relating to packaging, carriage, delivery and insurance costs of the Work to you) within 10 days of receipt of the returned Works by BC.
- The refund time period in 4.2 above may vary depending on bank delays, public holidays, acts of god or other circumstance outside of BC’s control.
- Capitalised terms used in this Returns Policy but not defined, shall have the same meaning as are ascribed to them in BC’s Terms and Conditions.